Day Two & Three

Being on maternity leave has taught me that I just can't physically do whatever I put my mind to...and I have 2 lazy dogs who love laying around napping with me! No active puppies in this household!

Day Two

Call me the laundry queen! All day long - load after load. There were so many clean clothes the fur babies didn't know which stack of clean clothes to lay on first! The focus was on adult clothes only as HTB has this habit of liking clean clothes to wear to work. 

My goal of shredding the last box of paperwork still looms heavily over me though. It's becoming my cross to bear. The laundry room is on our second floor and I was set up to nap downstairs, so I was getting winded like crazy. This left me with no energy to do much of anything else except to finish the books I was reading. And THAT may have taken more effort than doing the laundry! But I finished the first book and dove straight into the sequel. Cleaning off my bookshelves has never been more exhausting!

Day Three

34 weeks pregnant today!! HTB and I have a tradition of laying in bed in the morning and we watch videos on what is happening to our baby this week courtesy of The Bump and What to Expect When You're Expecting apps on our phones. And then we both get emails galore that all roughly tell us the same thing. Only one email HTB forwarded to me said things like "now is the time to relax given the nursery is ready and your hospital bags are packed!" Uhhhhhh...what??? They are?!?! Oh no! We thought we were ahead of the curve as we have done the following:

1) Had the baby shower and bought most of what we need for the nursery, car, life etc
2) Installed both car seats 
3) Walking our dogs with the stroller to prepare them to not attack it
4) Set up the bassinet in our room to prepare the dogs not to touch it
5) Settled on a day care for when I go back to work and paid the down payment
6) Settled on a pediatrician

I thought everything else I could start when I began my leave of absence. But NOOOOOO it seems I was to have this already done!?!? This lit the fire underneath me. Once I got breakfast of course.

First and always is to eat - and I sat on the couch reading the sequel to the book that made me want to claw my eyes out and never read again. Determined to finish it, I sat there for a couple of hours - but finish it I did! I then took the dogs out to play in the courtyard with some other dogs in our complex that were out and I saw the UPS man deliver my new book! What great timing! 

Settling back inside I had to make Sophie's choice - do I start reading my new book or start on the nursery? The shame and humiliation won and I started on her nursery. Got a lot done too with cleaning and unpacking what we have bought her thus far. Thankfully the rocking chair came on Monday and HTB put it together right away so I was able to rock my exhaustion away every time my heart started racing and SOB settled in. I was even so motivated I was able to get some shredding done. The box still haunts me, but now it's a little less. Once HTB came home? Time to relax - I pulled out my book and...watched the remake of Red Dawn. WOLVERINES! 

Day Four

So now day four is upon us. The second HTB's alarm went off I snapped on a light and began to read. I laid in bed for a few hours until I realized I should probably get up and start my research. Today is our 34 week visit with the OB and we are running errands afterwards. The call of my book is strong and I am trying to use it as my reward for finishing what needs to happen today.

Today's goals: file for state disability and research items we still need to buy for baby like bottles and breastfeeding items - have to be realistic about my time today so shredding box - you get to live to see another day. But day five is looming and your time is UP! Hopefully! If time allows (and I finish my book) make the lists for what to pack for the hospital!


Reading: I Regret Nothing by Jen Lancaster - she's back! The queen of the memoirs has gone back to basics and the writing style I fell in love with! I can't get enough and want to keep on reading!
Writing: Lists after lists after lists - all baby related of course. 
Shoes: Uh-oh...my feet have remained swollen so it might be time to find new flip-flops. Let's see if I can squeeze into these comfortably for one more day. All this flip-flop action means I need to struggle to touch up my toenails as I'm sick of the color that is currently chipping away on them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Review – Holly’s Inbox by Holly Denham (pen name for Bill Hutton Surie)

Royal Day Out: A From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess e-short by Meg Cabot