Missing Out

I'm the youngest of three. Both of my sisters have had kids - three to be exact. This makes my child the fourth grandchild to be born into my side of the family and the first on my HTB's side. What this means is that my parents are over it. O-v-e-r. I-t.

With the first grandchild, my parents were not involved until after her birth. None of us were. She was completely cut off from us. But when she was born my parents took her in where she lives to this day. When the second and third grandchildren were born, there were quite a few complications, but the novelty of the first grandson was strong. Now? My parents have a 13-year-old they are taking care of and they just don't have the time for me. I asked my mom if she would help me in the delivery room and she replied "we'll see" which we all know still stands for a no after all these years.

On my HTB's side? His mom passed away when he was young and his dad is overseas.

Where does that leave me? Wishing I had that relationship where a grandparent somewhere was invested in my baby.

Maybe things will change after she's born...

Reading: Jennifer Johnson is Sick of Being Married by Heather McElhatton - finally finished the first one and now just need to get through this to help clear off the bookshelf space
Writing: Getting out my feelings here to clear my head 
Shoes: Doing so well on my promise to myself to stay barefoot so far

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Review – Holly’s Inbox by Holly Denham (pen name for Bill Hutton Surie)

Royal Day Out: A From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess e-short by Meg Cabot