Day Four

An outing! We had an OB appt today for our 34 week visit. But to prepare for it I had quite a laundry list of things to do, and all I really wanted to do was stay home and read! Curses!

Day Four

Tried to read as much as I could in the morning and then it was task after internet task - filing for State Disability, paying bills and researching what else this baby could possibly need. She's a month away from being born and yet our house has been taken over by baby items! We are actually doing really well as far as being prepared goes - we just needed a few more things that can wait until after she is born. HTB is speaking to coworkers about their experiences and comes home in a panic every night (trying to keep up with the Jones'?) One lady said her baby was born at 35 weeks, so now the fire under me to finish everything is stronger. My body, on the other hand, says otherwise.

OB visit went...well? He came in, asked how I was doing and then proceeded to talk about everything that was not related to my baby (happens sometimes as I work for the hospital he is associated with and after a full day of no real conversation I think he hurts for talk that varies from swollen feet and panic questions). Her heartbeat is still strong and we go back in 2 weeks! 

Another Babies R Us shopping trip - I'm surprised the staff doesn't know us by now! 

And back home to read while HTB watched UK election results. My leave of absence has been boring! Oh well - at least I'm getting stuff done and books read!

Day Five

It's Friday! (Every time I say that now I think of the YouTube video where that girl sings the song about getting down on Friday. Damn viral videos) AKA DATE NIGHT!!!!!! In order to get there I've got some things to deal with first...

Today's goals: start baby laundry and finish cleaning the nursery, start cleaning out the closet in the nursery and maybe if there's any time left DO THE SHREDDING BOX!!!! Let's see how much I can get done! Go team baby!


Reading: Just finished I Regret Nothing and don't regret binge reading it! Now I need to find a new book to clear off my shelf.
Writing: To-do list galore! Need to make a list of things for us to pack to bring to the hospital so we can gather the necessary supplies. 
Shoes: Barefoot day!!!!! I miss my heels!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Review – Holly’s Inbox by Holly Denham (pen name for Bill Hutton Surie)

Missing Out