Daily Roundup - How Quickly Things Change

Today was a day that I would classify as...interesting. It started out as what has become my new normal. I wake up, wake up HTB to go shower, snooze and then shower time at the same time baby girl wakes up. I rush to get ready as HTB feeds her, then he leaves for work and I either spend the day playing with her, or I drop her off at daycare. Today was a daycare day. I then walk one of my dogs (my other dog is too old and can't handle a walk anymore) and make some breakfast.

Today I decided I was going to binge watch The Ghost Whisperer. Sounds exciting right? Then I make my rounds. Facebook. Goodreads. Twitter. NetGalley. You my little blog. TMZ. And don't forget the oh so fun job search.

Somehow I started Googling how to lose weight quickly for a wedding. Don't ask me why. Up until now I have been pretty lazy about losing the baby weight, and made sure my wedding dress would hide the unflattering bits. I found a website though that gave away the secrets. It specified that you shouldn't do this long term as this plan was only for those that needed to lose weight quickly for an event like a wedding, reunion or interview. INTERVIEW?? What job is that? Hooters waitress? Weird. Anyways, the secret? Don't eat, but if you have to make it a vegetable like a carrot. And workout. A lot. We are talking minimum twice a day. Everyday. WHAT?!?!? This can't be healthy regardless of the bogus testimonials posted. Keep on Googling...

I came across a blog that talked about Jillian Michael's DVD "30 Day Shred." After having my baby, I had read on a mommy board that this was the best way to lose baby weight, so I ran out and bought it. Ok ok I didn't run - I Amazon'ed it. Hey give me a break I just had a baby ripped from my body!

This blog was talking about not only how much weight she lost, but also how many inches she lost as well. And that's what I want. I WANT TO LOSE INCHES. Mostly around my chest and my hips. 30 Day Shred was the key. I went looking for the DVD and found it hiding in my bedroom. I dusted it off, opened the plastic, popped it in and began to sweat. At first I laughed. Jumping jacks? Basic crunches? Come on lady! Be original! Let's have some fun! I heard Zumba is a blast! Let's do some Zumba! Nope - 10 more jumping jacks! Push ups! Down on the ground! I thought to myself, this is too easy. I'll have to find my old TaeBo DVD's to make up for this, especially because I don't feel the burn.

Be careful what you wish for.

It hasn't even been close to 24 hours since I worked out, and oh MAN am I feeling the burn. My whole body aches in places I didn't even know could ache. I tried to walk up the stairs and almost became a puddle of jelly from the pain in my leg muscles. Really? After one basic workout? Ok JM! You got me hooked. I will do your workout again tomorrow. I mean, I only have 25 more days until my final dress fitting, and then I can't lose anymore weight. So let's get skinnier than I am right now!

After feeling very smug about my moment of not being lazy, I settled back on the couch to watch someone converse with ghosts. And then my phone rang. It was my old boss calling from a company that I had applied to over a month ago that never called me. Turns out, they were waiting for her to settle in, and she wants me back! Interview is officially this Friday. I'm going in optimistic but realistic. After the heartbreak of not getting last week's job, I need to keep my fantasies in check.

How small is this world though that my old boss may be becoming my new boss? Ugh. Way too small.

Good night dear bloggers. May tomorrow make more sense than today did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Review – Holly’s Inbox by Holly Denham (pen name for Bill Hutton Surie)

Missing Out