Daily Roundup - Finally Friday!

And with Friday comes...a potential job interview!!!

When I first started my career, I remember being called saying "We like your resume so come meet us face to face." All that has changed over the years to now "We won't waste your time coming in if we don't like you so PHONE INTERVIEW!"

I just got the request for a phone interview for a job I applied to earlier this week. Phew! With all the resumes flying out of here and no phone calls I was starting to worry.

Keep your fingers crossed for me - I will be speaking with them on Tuesday!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!!

Read: Time to start a new book! Fighting between a book by someone from Duck Dynasty (Life Just Got Real by Sadie Robertson) (never saw the show but I was impressed by her credentials!) and a book by the women who wrote The Nanny Diaries. Scared of the second one though, because while I loved TND, I haven't enjoyed ANY of their follow up books. Ever the reading optimist, I will give it a go though. Both books come out June 7th, so we will see how much of them I can read and write about before then!

Write: No time for writing yet - been focusing on reading and getting my house in order. Trying to finish spring cleaning and declutter everything before I find a job and have zero time!

Shoes: In my quest to declutter, focus has turned to this once beautiful piece of my closet. I have decided that every day I will wear a different pair of shoes and then determine if they stay or if they go. One of my favorite pairs (Calvin Klein black ballet flats with a silver buckle on the toe found at Ross for really cheap!) had to bid adieu as they no longer fit my post-pregnancy feet. I tried to pinch my toes, and walk with a limp...but alas the pain was unbearable. I will be finding a shelter to donate them to (sigh). Another pair was tossed in the trash as the seams had  busted. No tears as I had worn them a lot during my pregnancy, so I got some great use out of them. Payless shoes last longer than people think they would!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Review – Holly’s Inbox by Holly Denham (pen name for Bill Hutton Surie)

Missing Out