Welcome back me!

So much has happened, and so many books were read since September, but time for me to sit down and write a blog was scarce. I began working again, and with that and taking care of my family, I found almost no time for myself. Reading was something that could only happen during my lunch hour. Writing about it? Up until now, I just haven't had the time.

So what's new? A coworker of mine told me about the Real Happiness mediation challenge.  For the month of February, you "commit2sit" and learn about meditation. She got me the book that goes along with it, and every day we are emailed the mediation challenge of the day. I signed up and...well I forgot to start. Now we are 10 days in and I thought blogging about it would help me to begin.

Each challenge only takes about 10 minutes each day. It's something new and I figured it can't hurt to try. So tonight? We'll give it a go!

*******************************************************************
Read: Currently reading 5 different books at the moment:
     1) Marian Keyes - Making It Up As I Go Along
          This is a collection of essays written by Keyes. After reading one or two, I find myself putting this book down, and picking up something else.
     2) Jane Moore - Love @ First Site
          This I just started yesterday - I needed to find a "light read" after a very emotionally exhausting day. So far, so cute.
     3) Elizabeth Gold - The Mommy Group
          I didn't realize this was nonfiction when I picked it up, but I will see where this one goes.
     4) Karen Clarke - The Beachside Sweetshop
          My e-book I'm currently reading for NetGalley
     5) Lindsey Kelk - The Single Girl's To-Do List
          Cute story and well written. I don't know why I keep putting it down. I think it has to do with that I am no longer in the "single girl" lifestyle, and I don't miss it. If I read this when I was single, I am sure that I would have already finished it.

Write: I have started a personal journal, but as far as writing for pleasure? I've missed this. I need to pick that back up again. Maybe with the Real Happiness challenge, I can stir those fires again.

Shoes: Lately I have been wearing ballet flats like crazy. In trying to get pregnant again, there are days where even my feet are swollen, and the ballet flats always seem to fit.

See you again tonight!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Royal Day Out: A From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess e-short by Meg Cabot

Missing Out