Daily Roundup - I'm Back!

Hello dear blog! I'm back! It's been over a month since I updated, and I wish I could say it was because I found a job. Alas, it was all for the weddings and honeymoon planning. Thank goodness it is all behind us!

When we last left off, I had the third interview with the company I was excited to be interviewing with. After my last post, I had a fourth phone interview with the girl who would be my counterpart. HTB and I found her LinkedIn profile the night before, and I questioned how she ever got the job given she barely had any experience. We wondered what in the world she would ask that she didn't on the second interview, and why it was with her rather than with the person who would be my boss. On the interview she seemed really distracted and hostile. She gave me time to ask questions, which I did, and she seemed irritated. She then asked me 3 questions THAT SHE HAD ASKED DURING THE SECOND INTERVIEW. I answered them all again as though they were the first time I had heard them. After that she said that the last round of interviews were in person interviews that I would need to fly out for. Works for me!

And that was it. That was the last time I ever heard from them. I tried to convince myself that I was ok with it given that I was about to enter wedding madness so the timing was right. I tried to convince myself that I wouldn't want to work with her given 2 different people told me that the job I was up for was because she couldn't handle her work load. I would just be there to make her look bad so why would she want me? Plus there was travel involved and it would take my away from my daughter. I'm still trying to convince myself of all this. Instead, I just feel disappointed. I was job searching today and found that they reposted the position 10 days ago. Should I email them? Leave it alone? I don't know what to do, so I fear I will do nothing. If they really wanted me, they would have contacted me already - right?

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL! It went off perfectly! The reception was so much fun, and everyone had a great time. The night sped by and everyone kept replying how much fun I had - it's my wedding of course I want to have fun! We spent the next day recovering and then POOF on a plane heading to the honeymoon! Errrr...Familymoon! Had to take the little one with me. A couple of weeks of relaxation then off to Scotland for wedding reception #2. That one wasn't as much fun as our States wedding, but it was still a good time. I have never been more excited to come home and see my dog again after being gone for so long!

So now it's back to life...back to reality...

I have a few book reviews I have to catch up on that I read while on vacation. Back to reading!

*****************************************************************************
Read: Currently reading "The Andy Cohen Diaries" by Andy Cohen - this was because when on vacation we had cable TV (we don't have cable at home) and I got to see a few Real Housewives episodes. I read one of Brandi Glanville's books, and it showed me Andy's book as a recommendation. I'm about a quarter of the way through the book and it is really interesting to see how a day in his life plays out. Very different from mine!

Write: Ok boo on me - I haven't had time to do any writing, and when I did have time I chose to spend it vegging out watching tv. Shame I know...oh well.

Shoes: I am coming to terms with the fact that my feet will never be a 5.5 size again thanks to my pregnancy. I brought a couple pairs of 5.5 shoes with me on vacation and couldn't get my feet into them! I think I will be saying goodbye to a few pairs soon...very soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Royal Day Out: A From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess e-short by Meg Cabot

Missing Out