Nine Months Later

Hello little blog of mine. Has it really been 9 months since I last wrote? Not hard to believe given I barely have time to find shoes to wear much less read a book or write either in you or the stories in my head. So where have I been?

Read: Surprisingly I have found time to read while I was on maternity leave and she was asleep. And when I went back to work when she was 4 months old (the hardest time of my life!) I would take my one hour lunch and would read as much as I could, as when I went home my time was devoted to my daughter. So what have I been reading? Young Adult has attracted me lately, and I have been focusing on that shelf in my library. Now? My daughter is in daycare and I have signed up for a NetGalley account. In addition to my Goodreads reviews, I want to expand into doing book reviews on here as well. I have 6 books I have been approved for thus far. Let's begin! Currently reading a few different books including Liza Palmer and my NetGalley approvals.

Write: I've had a few different ideas floating around in my head, but one has been screaming the loudest. Usually when I sit down to an empty Word document I am intimidated and nothing comes out. Nothing seems to help - outlining, free association, creative writing prompts...NOTHING! This time it felt different. I let my fingers do the typing and it just has been flowing out of me. I've been inspired by a true crime story that has been in the news for a couple of years - I'm excited about this! With me not working, I have had more time to devote to this. I wish I could make money staying home to do this. Working with books and writing makes me feel so good!

Shoes: I miss you shoes! I went to a wedding recently and halfway through I had to remove my heels. Pregnancy has changed everything about my feet. I used to get pain if I wore flat shoes. Now? That's all I can wear. My feet never shrunk back to their normal size, so I am still getting used to this new normal. If I find a new job (or find a way to make money off of book reviewing) then maybe I will treat myself. Oh who am I kidding - I would just go and buy more books!

Off to go read and do some reviews!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Review – Holly’s Inbox by Holly Denham (pen name for Bill Hutton Surie)

Royal Day Out: A From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess e-short by Meg Cabot