She's Here!

When I last wrote I was 36 weeks pregnant and was trying to determine when my lil one was going to make an appearance. Week 36...week 37...week 38...nothing but false alarms and sleepless nights. I had moved onto camping on the couch as I couldn't sleep in bed anymore. HTB moved onto the couch with me (solidarity!) and helped with BABY WATCH!

The night before week 39, I had HAD it. I was bouncing all over the place shouting to my belly "COME OUT! COME OUT NOW! WE ARE READY WHY AREN'T YOU!?" and HTB brought home Baja Fresh with super spicy salsa. The sad part was it didn't taste spicy to me, but yum to my burrito! That night I slept better than I had for a long time. I woke up to week 39 in such a great mood! HTB did too so we took the dogs on a long walk together before he left for work. We joked around, he left, and I settled onto the couch for a day of Netflix and rest. Not even 10 minutes later I felt a gushing "down below." Recently I had an increase of discharge, so I had assumed that was all it was. As I began reaching for a tissue, I felt as though I was beginning to go to the bathroom on my couch! Yikes! I was losing control of my bladder because of her size, but I didn't think it was this bad! I jumped up (I was wearing a nightgown) and ran to the hardwood floor. As fluid was leaking out of me, I tried to stop it but couldn't. That's when it hit me - I can't stop the flow. It's coming out slowly and won't stop...and is that blood I see? MY WATER BROKE!

Panic immediately seized me! I grabbed my phone and waddled to the closest bathroom, leaving a trail of amniotic fluid and fear. With my hands shaking and not quite knowing what to do, I sat on the toilet and called HTB. Up until then, I had been telling him every time I went to the bathroom "my water broke!" and he would reply "no it didn't!" It was obvious to both of us I was joking. I had never called him at work to scare him, nor would I text him. So when I called him, he was still driving to work. I screamed out MY WATER BROKE!! COME HOME! His automatic reply was "no it didn't." I can't remember what I shouted to him, but he got the message and said he was turning the car around. I then called my mom to ask what I should do. All those baby classes, and the information went right out of my head!

HTB got home and got the dogs ready to go to the kennel, while I finalized our suitcases for the hospital. I also became obsessed with painting my toenails. This was quite difficult to do with my big belly and the constant leaking. We called my doctor who said to head to the hospital, as without the amniotic fluid, I was at a high risk of infection. So off to the hospital we went!

My water broke at 7:35am that morning, and we made it to the hospital by 2:00 that afternoon (with my toenails painted!) Labor? That was a totally different experience than anything I've ever done before! I will write that as a separate entry, just in case some want to skip it (assuming one day I will let people know this blog exists and will have steady readers).

TO BE CONTINUED

Reading: Withering Tights by Louise Rennison - I've moved onto reading strictly Young Adult books as they are faster to get through, and smaller chapters I can read between feedings, crying jags, and diaper changes. 
Writing: Seriously? I barely have time to shower, writing has been a no go. But just like I was hoping writing in this blog would help me start writing again, I now need to write in you dear blog to clear my mind. This is stressful...being a mom is hard!
Shoes: Just starting to be able to wear my closed toe flats again. I've missed those. Bring on my heels!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Review – Holly’s Inbox by Holly Denham (pen name for Bill Hutton Surie)

Royal Day Out: A From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess e-short by Meg Cabot